Pages

Friday 9 December 2016

Leader Nomination Speech

Today I have presented my head boy speech in front of the year 7 and 8s. I felt super nervous but I carried on saying my speech. When I was up on stage Mr Johnston, Mrs Kirkpatrick and Mrs Anderson were watching. The other speeches were good. In my speech I talk about what I will do if I become leader and how I will be a role model to younger students. If you want to read my speech it is here.


Head boy Speech

Hi my name is Sylis and I am going for head boy for 2017. I think I am the perfect contender for head boy because I think I have got the skills and good interaction skills with kids and adults. The skills I have are helping people who need extra help, Supporting and helping friends in tough times and seeing the positive things in a day even if its going bad. I think that the skills I have will fit the position well. I show these things by helping people when they hurt them self and help prevent a bad thing from happening (E.G Help stop a fight). I want to be head boy because I want to learn new skills about being a leader and be a role model that kids look up too. I can follow the PBS CARE values to be a role model. I am trustworthy at anything, A confident speaker and good at interacting with anyone. I am a bit shy when I speak to people but I think that I will grow out of being shy and maybe that will help me in the future. I am good at talking to people and giving ideas. I am confident talking in assembly every friday and special nights like learning night. I think I am the best pick because I want to take the responsibilities of head boy and I also want to grow my leadership as I grow into a teen. I want to help others that need guidance and I want to be a role model. I am reliable, Trustworthy and I have integrity. I am not the smartest kid but I can be a good leader. If I become head boy I will try to be a good role model, Helper and most important a leader to the school. I will try my best to not to be silly. I am good at helping teachers with jobs. When people need help with work I normally help them to finish. I would like to take the responsibilities of getting my work finished and helping others to finish. I want to take what have learnt in class into the school and the world. I am good at working with anyone in the class when we do group activities and partnering up with people. I will also use our school values of CARE meaning Confidence Attitude Respect Excellence and innovation to help me be a better student of Panmure Bridge School and a good leader. I have currently completed my confidence award and close to finishing my attitude award. The qualities of a leader is helping, being a role model, encouraging others to do good, do jobs without someone asking, being responsible and being reliable.  I think that I have the qualities of being a leader.


This comes to the end of my speech I hope that I have persuaded you enough to vote me head boy of 2017. Thank you for listening to my speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment