Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Speech




Why Games are not good


From Computer games to PSP, Games can come in all shapes and sizes. My name is Sylis and I am going to talk about games.

First of all Games are not healthy and second there is better stuff you can do like getting active and having fun with your family. If you get hooked you will get nowhere in life. Sometimes people chose games over life and I don’t want to be that kind of person, do you?


I like to play games on my PS3 and i'm sure some of you have too. More than 1.2 billion people around the world are playing games. A man once couldn't take his eyes of the screen and he played for 19 consecutive hours without food and drink. He unfortunately died due to this.



Games are not healthy. If you play games too much it will turn into a habit. You will also have no skills in making friends. I’m not saying take games away forever i’m just saying spend time with your family and friends once in awhile.

There is better stuff you can do like improve your social skills and make new friends. It will be a good life if you concentrate on it. It could turn into an addiction when you can’t get off your game for even 5 minutes. Without interactive skills you can end up with no family and friends. Pretend that you have no family and friends, How would you feel?


If it was me I would want to change my ways. I love to play games and I’ll admit it, I play on my computer too much. I think it is dangerous for me. When people play games they sometimes get influenced into doing bad stuff. This can lead to you getting in trouble or even imprisonment. It will effect everyone that you love.



Little kids might get influenced into doing something bad. There are also games that are not good for you. Always read the age restriction to see if you meet the requirements.


Next time you play games think if you are going to be on games all day or going outside to have a bit of fun.



Today I was put in a group and we had to share our speech with our group. We did this because it was going to decide who was going to present there speech in front of the school. This is a rubric that my group filled out. This shows what I need to do better and what I have done good. My topic on my speech is why games are not good. My group chose Thomas and I to present in front of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment